Welcome To CEDF’s Business Education Center
Our staff, instructors and presenters are focused on bringing valuable opportunities to Connecticut small business owners. We offer workshops in a small comfortable atmosphere so everyone has a chance to learn and participate. You’ll have a variety of topics to choose from and we make certain our menu of educational offerings is affordable and often times FREE. Our team of instructors are dedicated professionals in the fields of finance, taxes, law, marketing, technology and more. We hope that you will take advantage of all the free programs we have to offer you in 2016.
Click Here For Presentation Listing and Registration.
Business Finance Package
- Session 1: Understand and Analyze Your Business Finances and Record Keeping 2-nights In this workshop we teach you why it is important to keep good records, what records should be kept and for how long should you keep them, etc. Understanding financial statements is critical to running a business. Learn what balance sheet, income statement and cash flow statement are. Learn why these financial reports are so important, and what they tell you about your business. You will also learn accounting terminology, the difference between cash and accrual accounting, how and when to use the different systems to your advantage. What is a chart of accounts and why is it so important and much more.
- Session 2: QuickBooks Pro Workshop 4-nights (include software) This is a hands-on workshop. We provide laptops for each participant. You will learn how easy it is to set up your customers and vendors and customize a chart of accounts for your business. Track your inventory, pay your bills, invoice your customers, keep track of your receivables and payable, connect with your business checking account, run reports, reconcile, and so much more. Important note… Please bring in a thumb drive to copy your work on to each night. If you wish to bring your own laptop to the class you may do so. We ask that you arrive approximately 15 minutes early to load the software into your computer. Package includes both workshops $189.00 Register Here
State and Federal Tax Workshop
- 2-night workshop. In tax workshops we talk about the importance of staying tax compliant with your business and we teach you how to make smart decisions for your business. Our workshops are taught by professional CPAs. Discussions will include how your business is setup and is that the right business entity for you. Among the discussion will also be entity tax, income tax, sales and use tax, employment tax and so much more. Examples of good tax opportunities will round out the discussions and you will be given all of the deadlines and contact information you need to help you with staying and being tax compliant with your business. $40.00 Register Here
- Beginner and Intermediate Levels – 2-night workshops for each level. No matter where you are with your understanding of this software product that creates spreadsheets, charts and so much more, you will learn from the beginning how to create a spreadsheets and evolve into the more sophisticated features such as tabs, formulas, charts and so much more. Many people who are self taught and can process a spreadsheet, but now is your chance to learn from an expert the in’s and out’s of this amazing software. You too will probably learn shortcuts to your old way of doing things so you can produce your results in less time and feel confident about what your are doing. Beginner or self taught this workshop is for you at a very affordable price of $60.00. Register Here
Money, Money, Money – It’s All About Cash Flow
- 2-night workshop. The most important component of starting a business is having enough capital to get your business up and running. But maintaining and keeping a positive cash flow in your business is critical to the businesses success. This workshop will help you to see, think clearly and plan for the times when unexpected expenses occur or slow down periods in your business happen. It is not a matter of if it happens, but rather when it happens how will I handle it? Learn what you can do to help get you through the difficult times so you don’t feel so desperate. $40.00 Register Here
PLEASE NOTE: Refunds for workshop enrollments will only be authorized by the director in the event the workshop is cancel by CEDF’s Business Education Center. Participation in any CEDF workshop(s) does not guarantee approval on a loan with CEDF. If you have any questions please contact Nancy Gray, Director, toll free at 888-835-2333 x 2040.