Commercial Real Estate Loans
CEDF provides owner-occupied commercial real estate loans up to $500,000. Real estate loans can be combined with other CEDF small business loans up to $750,000. Real estate loans are secured by a mortgage on real property to finance the purchase, development or improvement of real estate for owner-occupied property, including mixed use.
What types of owner- occupied properties are eligible for a commercial real estate loan?
CEDF will consider making mortgage loans that are secured by the following types of owner- occupied properties:
- Commercial / industrial
- Office buildings / office condos
- Retail properties
- Mixed-use facilities (retail / office / residential)
What are the requirements for a commercial real estate loan?
- The owner of the business applying must have been in business for three years or longer
- The owner must have a business located or to be located in the building occupying 51% or more of the space (i.e. no pure investment real estate)
- Fixed interest rates with a maximum 25 year amortization
- Personal guaranty from all principals involved
How can I apply for a commercial real estate loan?
- Complete the Loan Inquiry Form.
- Print the Commerical Real Estate Loan Application along with the applicable documents.
- Complete the application. Be sure to provide all of the needed supporting documents. See the checklist provided. Submit your completed application package to:
CEDF, Attention: Ricardo Vidal, Director of Lending, 965 East Main Street, Meriden, CT 06450
|Term Loan||Working capital (including start-ups), inventory, equipment, refinance current debt||$1,000 up to $50,000||Fixed||Up to 6 years||Monthly payment of principal and interest. Cannot revolve, no balloon or call provisions. No prepayment penalty.|
|$5,000 up to $250,000||Fixed||Up to 10 years|
|Commercial Real Estate Loan||Purchase of owner occupied commercial real estate property||Up to $500,000||Fixed||Up to 25 years||Monthly payment of principal and interest. Cannot revolve, no balloon or call provisions. No prepayment penalty.|
|Line of Credit||Seasonal or cyclical operating cash flow needs||$5,000 up to $250,000||Variable||Short-term financing; one year renewable||Monthly payment of interest only, only on the amount outstanding. The line revolves as you use it and repay it. No prepayment penalty.|