My Business Jump Start 2022
Free online course to qualify for competition. Ongoing course access January 10 to March 15.
Free but registration required.
My Business Jump Start has ended for 2022. Watch our training calendar for other programs.
- Study the essentials of starting and tending a new business through online readings at your own pace using your computer, tablet or cell phone.
- Engage with others via Zoom in our six-part webinar series to address your questions and share experiences.
- Earn a certificate of program completion from the My Own Business Institute and CEDF by completing the final exam with a score of 80% or higher.
- Compete in the Citizen’s Bank $10,000 Business Encouragement Award Competition. Success on the exam qualifies you to apply for to compete in the three-minute pitch competition. Winner judged by the bank’s small business experts.
- Grow your business with free on-going assistance thru the Jump Start Mentoring resources.
Deciding on a Business * Home Based Business
The Business Plan * Financing the Business
Business Organization * Licenses and Permits
Business Insurance * Choosing a Location
Accounting and Cash Flow * Managing Employees
E-Commerce * Marketing
January 10 to March 15, 2022 — Take the course and complete your exam to qualify for competition. Login provided after registration.
February and early March
Connect with your peers and business experts in your community during the Zoom remote Review Sessions.
Wednesday, Feb, 2, 6 pm -- Deciding on a Business * Home Based Business
Wednesday,, Feb. 9, Noon -- The Business Plan * Financing the Business
Wednesday, Feb. 16, 5:30 pm -- Business Organization * Licenses and Permits
Wednesday, Feb. 23, 10 am -- Business Insurance * Location and Leasing
Wednesday, Mar. 2, 5:30 pm -- Accounting and Cash Flow * Managing Employees
Wednesday, Mar. 9, 5:30 pm -- E-Commerce * Marketing
Mar. 22, 2022 — Deadline for competition qualifiers to submit their written pitch entries.
Mar. 31, 2022 — Pitch finalists announced.
April 8, 2021 — Pitch finals -- Live or online (TBD). Citizen’s Bank judges announce winners of the competition.