My Business Jump Start 2023
Free online course to qualify for competition. Ongoing course access May 1 to June 16
My Business Jump Start has ended for 2023. Watch our training calendar for other programs.
- Study the essentials of starting and tending a new business through online readings at your own pace using your computer, tablet or cell phone.
- Engage with others via Zoom in our six-part webinar series to address your questions and share experiences.
- Earn a certificate of program completion from the My Own Business Institute and CEDF by completing the final exam with a score of 80% or higher.
- Compete in the Citizen’s Bank $10,000 Business Encouragement Award Competition. Success on the exam qualifies you to apply for to compete in the three-minute pitch competition. Winner judged by the bank’s small business experts.
- Grow your business with free on-going assistance thru the Jump Start Mentoring resources.
Deciding on a Business * Home Based Business
The Business Plan * Financing the Business
Business Organization * Licenses and Permits
Business Insurance * Choosing a Location
Accounting and Cash Flow * Managing Employees
E-Commerce * Marketing
May 1 to June 16, 2023— Take the course and complete your exam to qualify for competition. Login provided after registration.
May and early June
Connect with your peers and business experts in your community during the Zoom remote Review Sessions.
Tuesday, May 9, 11 am -- Deciding on a Business * Home Based Business
Tuesday, May 16, 10 am -- The Business Plan * Financing the Business
Tuesday May 23, Noon -- Business Organization * Licenses and Permits
Tuesday, May 30, 11 am -- Business Insurance * Location and Leasing
Tuesday, Jun. 6, 5:30 pm -- Accounting and Cash Flow * Managing Employees
Tuesday, Jun. 13, 5:30 pm -- E-Commerce * Marketing
Jun. 16, 2023 — Deadline for competition qualifiers to submit their written pitch entries.
Jun. 23, 2023 — Pitch finalists announced.
Jun. 30, 2023 — Pitch finals -- Live or online (TBD). Citizen’s Bank judges announce winners of the competition.